DANISH SISTERHOOD OF AMERICAThe Danish Sisterhood was organized in 1883, in Negaunee, Michigan. Early lodges were organized to provide social and financial aid to fellow Danish countrymen in this new land.
Today's Danish Sisterhood has members active in 48 lodges throughout the United States and Canada.
The National Danish Sisterhood organizations will address changing times. We will build commitment by all sisters to preserve our organizations and heritage with interest, enthusiasm and concern for each other.
The mission of the Danish Sisterhood is to strengthen, maintain and preserve the Danish heritage and traditions for future generations.
Long Range (10 Year) Goals
- To attract, motivate, and retain members.
- To provide tools to create an environment open to change and growth.
- To regularly review and update the financial and organizational structure.
- To enable members to discover, enjoy and understand their heritage.
- To market the Danish Sisterhood of America and Danish cultural to the community.